What Is Creative Writing?
Creative writing is essentially any form of writing that expresses your thoughts and emotions. What makes creative writing stand apart from other forms of writing, is that it is not academic in nature. It attracts a large audience of people through various creative outlets without providing them any textual or factual information. An important characteristic of creative writing is that it should be original. It should be able to convey the writer’s emotions and feelings while also casting a spell on the readers. A good example to understand the difference between creative writing and other forms of writing is a newspaper. Your newspaper contains various articles. Though these articles can be considered entertaining to some extent, their main purpose is to get the facts through the readers. Creative writing is a whole other ball game. It entails,
- Speeches, etc.
The main goal of creative writing is to entertain rather than educate.
Creative Writing For Kids
It is a well-known fact that reading improves your writing and speech. However, writing improves the overall cognitive function of your brain and also plays a major role in the holistic development of your child. Creative writing is beneficial in multiple ways for the impact that it has on toddlers. It is known to improve your kid’s intellectual abilities and as a result, helps in other subjects like science, art, math and other languages. Creative writing also makes your child inquisitive and curious. Your kid will learn to express more and will develop a sense of acceptance and awareness as he grows up. Your children will learn how to put themselves in other people’s shoes when dealing with characterization, which in turn teaches them about important values like sympathy and empathy. It encourages imagination and expression. If kids practice creative writing at a young age, they will eventually blossom into brilliant orators and writers while also having a solid command over their language.
Benefits Of Creative Writing For Kids
- Feeds imagination
- Helps in self-expression
- Boosts self-confidence
- Teaches acceptance
- Improves communication
- Enhances Persuasion skills
- Sharpens writing and verbal skills
Creative Writing Topics For Kids
It is never to early to start writing. Here are some prompts and topics mentioned below that will keep your kid entertained while also contributing to his holistic development.
- If I worked in a zoo…
- When I go on an airplane…
- If I could fly…
- My best friend
- What do I want to be when I grow up and why…
- If I could be an animal…
- What would it be like to climb on top of Mt. Everest.,,
- If I got lost…
- You are walking through a forest a suddenly a tree starts talking to you, what do you do?
- What is your favorite food and why…
- If I found a treasure
- What are you afraid of?
- In what ways do I help my family…
- Write about something you are not allowed to do but wish you could.
- If I wake up on a different planet…
- How can I be a better friend?
- I love the holidays because…
- Why is it important to be honest and not lie?
- If I had a time machine…
- What would you do if you won a million dollars?
- If I could be invisible, I would…
- Write a story about being abducted by aliens
- Who is your hero and why?