Books That Your Child Should Read At A Young Age
Why Is Reading Important For A Child?
The more a kid reads about something the more is the knowledge absorbed. Reading books helps kids to increase their imagination power. When a kid reads stories or reads poems they actually imagine that scenario in their head which indeed increases their imaginative power. It helps them improve their vocabulary skills as well as learn new morals and values every day.
Reading is like an exercise for the brain. It helps in boosting their brain power and also helps in increasing your child’s brain development. Once you start reading then there is no stop to it. When your child starts to feel connected to the story or the poem they cannot stop which increases their curiosity.
What Types Of Books Should Kids Read?
Some of the types of books which will help you enhance your child’s imaginative powers are:
- Normal storybooks: These are the ones with a moral or a proper storyline. It has characters such as the protagonist and a villain. These stories are more value based ones which are usually loved by kids.
- Predictable books: These types of books are the ones which can be guessing books, in which you have to guess the ending or solve some question to know the answer.
- Participatory books: These books love the most by children. In these books mostly the content is not based on morals or values, instead, they are based on games and puzzles and problems. It also helps your child to learn more and helps in boosting your kid’s brain.
- Poems: These are stories expressed in a particular pattern. These can be rhyming or sometimes have a proper rhythm. Poems can also have a tone which makes it much more interesting.
Some Of The Recommended Books:
- Goodnight moon.
- The snowy day.
- Where the wild things are.
- The very hungry caterpillar.
- Harold and the purple crayon.
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
- Alice in the wonderland.
- Last stop on the market street.
- Frog and toads are friends.
- Winnie the Pooh- The complete tales and poems.
- Mercy Watson to the rescue.
- Charlie and the chocolate factory.
- Stuart little editions.
- Where the sidewalks end.
- Harry Potter series.
- The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe.
- Anne of green gables.
- Don’t let the pigeon drive the bus.
- Goodnight, goodnight, construction site.
- Ramona the pest.
Some Of The Recommended Authors:
- Roald Dahl: He is known for his great works of books which are written for both children and adults. He is one of the most known for his idea of an older and wiser protagonist and a dumb and evil antagonist. Some of the books written by him were Charlie and the chocolate factory, the witches, etc.
- J.K Rowling: She is one of the finest British novelists. She was earlier rejected for years before her series of Harry Potter got publishes. People got so excited that these books were sold in thousands of copies. Even movies are made in the context of these books.
- Dr. Seuss: He is a very well known novelist and poet. Some of his works are chronicles of Narnia, the cat in the hat, green eggs and ham.